Thursday, July 10, 2008

Minnesota Native Al Franken Files to Run for U.S. Senate

Today, Al Franken officially filed with the Minnesota Secretary of State to run for the U.S. Senate.

Franken was joined by his wife, Franni [pictured], his daughter, Thomasin, and more than 100 cheering supporters on the steps of the Minnesota State Office Building.

"I would say I'm excited to get to work," said Al Franken. "But we're already working hard to spread our message of ending the war, rebuilding our economy, and fixing our broken health care system across the state. I'm so proud to have my family, my team, and my coalition for change standing alongside me -- and I'm ready to go to Washington to stand up for the people of Minnesota."

DFL-endorsed Franken -- a true ally of small business, farmers, labor, environmentalists, educators, students, soldiers, veterans, consumers and countless others seeking a new direction for our nation -- was born in St. Louis Park, Minn. He's challenging Sen. Norm Coleman, a Democrat-turned-Republican from Brooklyn, N.Y., for the seat once held by the late Sen. Paul Wellstone, who died in a plane crash in October 2002.

SOURCE: Al Franken for U.S. Senate
____________________

To learn more about Al Franken's politics, check out his New York Times bestseller, "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right."

No comments: