As we reported on May 17 ["American Express Empowers Cardmembers to Make a Positive Impact in the World Via Unique Online Program"], GoodBiz113 ad partner American Express® has introduced The Members Project [SM], a unique and exciting new initiative that empowers Cardmembers to come together as a community and unite behind project ideas for making a positive impact on the world.
Cardmembers have till 11:59 p.m. EST on June 17 to dream up and submit their project ideas. After the select advisory panel -- including Geoff Canada, Ellen DeGeneres, Dr. Jane Goodall, Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Dr. Michael L. Lomax, Wynton Marsalis, and Gabrielle Reese -- pore over the applications and select the top 50 ideas, fellow Cardmembers can then rate and discuss the innovative projects on message boards.
Since the launch, thousands of project ideas have been submitted and rated, and Cardmembers from all over the country have begun rallying behind the ideas they like best. Highlights of projects currently posted on membersproject.com include:
* More than 900 community development projects -- including mentorship programs, after-school initiatives for kids, and homeless outreach
* More than 700 education projects, ranging from literacy programs to textbook exchanges, to life skills classes
* More than 600 projects concerning the environment -- such as land conservation, energy efficiency, and alternate transportation
* More than 125 arts and entertainment ideas -- including jazz preservation, music in schools, and film projects
Multiple project ideas center on themes. Three of the most popular themes are:
* Water purification
* Environmental preservation
Ultimately, Cardmembers will vote and unite behind one incredible idea. On August 7, American Express will help bring that winning idea to life with up to $5 million -- i.e., $1 for each Cardmember who registers to be part of The Members Project. Registration is free and lasts throughout the entire Members Project selection and voting process. The more Cardmembers registered, the more dollars available for the winning project idea.
Will you send vital vaccines to India? Sponsor schools in the inner city? Or fund a next-generation hydrogen car? The possibilities are endless. The decision is yours. Visit membersproject.com.
Save Up to 25% on Business Expenses. OPEN from American Express®