As GoodBiz113 reported last Oct. 15 and Nov. 30, the (PRODUCT) RED campaign to raise funds for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria has made significant strides since its Fall 2006 rollout.
Together, (PRODUCT) RED founder and CEO Bobby Shriver, U2 lead singer Bono and their associates have signed top names -- e.g., American Express UK, Apple, Converse, Emporio Armani, Gap, Motorola -- to create (PRODUCT) RED-specific goods, from which a certain percentage of the profits go to the Global Fund.
According to preliminary tracking numbers, total (PRODUCT) RED sales in the U.S. during the first six weeks raised enough money to:
* Provide more than 40,000 men or women with anti-retroviral treatment for a year;
* Provide more than 2 million peer educators with HIV training;
* Provide a year’s worth of school materials and daily hot meals for more than 86,000 children orphaned by AIDS;
* Provide more than 1 million Rapid Tests, which detect HIV and deliver instant test results.
(PRODUCT) RED Impact Calculator Among Latest Innovations
Now, with the latest (PRODUCT) RED innovation -- the new (RED) Impact Calculator -- socially conscious consumers can find out the ways in which their (RED) purchases could affect people's lives in Africa.
For instance, let's say you bought an Apple iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition, two Gap (PRODUCT) RED T-shirts, two Gap (PRODUCT) RED Leather Bracelets, plus a Motorola (PRODUCT) RED MOTORAZR V3m Phone. Total profits would:
* Provide treatment for 200 pregnant women to prevent the transmission of HIV from mother to child;
* Provide anti-retroviral [ARV] treatment for two months to a person living with HIV.
The number of (PRODUCT) RED goods you've purchased can be input into the calculator and saved in your own (RED) profile, where you can login to update it anytime at: http://www.joinred.com/news/45/track.asp?sel=3.
You can also tell your friends and family about your (RED) Impact via customizable greeting cards that you can print and send. Check out (RED) Impact Cards today.
For more information about (PRODUCT) RED, go to: http://www.joinred.com.
iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition. 4GB and 8GB Models Available for $199 an $249.